Thursday, December 10, 2009

Does anone have any tips on how to prevent cream eyeshadow from caking up??

I have a few cream eyeshadows, and the colors are awesome. The problem is, every time I try to use them- they cake up and look horrible!!!! I just want to wear them and not be worried I look like I did my makeup in the dark. Please someone clue me in on what to do!!!! Thank you.Does anone have any tips on how to prevent cream eyeshadow from caking up??
apply some kind of powder underneath, like a face powder, even a neutral powder eyeshadow. In desperation I have even used baby powder.


The creasing is caused by the oils in your skin mixing with the oils in the shadow. The powder absorbs the oils in your skin.Does anone have any tips on how to prevent cream eyeshadow from caking up??
You should mosturize the lid before using the eyeshadow. You should really stick to powder eyeshadows. They can be just as dramatic if used correctly and they last all day! Good Luck!
Take a bit of face powder first and prime the area by dusting your eyelids with the powder. This will prevent caking and will give the shadow a smooth appearance.
use an eyelid primer or a base for shadow
Hi...Before you put the shadow on ....brush on some translucent powder (the brush should be one of those big round ones) then very lightly tap on some more when shadow is on...........in other words...before and after
Whenever I use them I use eyelid primer first. I find that less is more with cream shadows and it's best to find a shade that's almost the same color as the cream to top it off. For example when I use a rose colored cream I will top it off with a tiny dusting of rose colored powder shadow.
eyeshadow primer or powder.
Try putting face lotion on your eyelids prior to applying makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware